Indian wins GOLD
Indian wins GOLD in Women’s four Lawn Bowls, India vs. Singapore table tennis final underway, England 2-0 India in hockey
- India wins gold in Women’s four Lawn Bowls. M Sreeshankar and Muhamed Anees qualify for the long jump final: India beat South Africa 17-10 to win a historic gold in the women’s four lawn gold on Tuesday. M Sreeshankar and Muhammed Anees Yahiya have both qualified for the long jump final. The India vs. Singapore table tennis final is underway. India’s Mixed team badminton will face Malaysia in a gold medal match. Indian women’s Lawn Bowls players created history on Monday as they confirmed the nation’s first-ever medal in the sport by reaching the final Women’s Fours event by defeating New Zealand in the semifinal.
- Judoka Shushila Devi won a silver medal in the 48kg category after losing to South Africa’s Michaela Whitebooi.
- Vijay Kumar Yadav added a bronze in the 60kg judo event after defeating Cyprus’ Petros Christodoulides via Ippon after qualifying through the repechage.CWG 2022 DAY 5 India RESULT.
- Harjinder Kaur clinched the bronze medal in the women’s 71kg weightlifting competition after a dramatic climax.
- Table Tennis player Sathiyan Gnanasekaran beat Olajide Omotayo 11-9, 4-11, 11-6, 11-8 in the semi-final clash
India has Achieved three gold, three silver, and bronze medals.
The mixed badminton team entered the final riding on Lakshya Sen’s brilliance against reigning world champion Loh Kean Yew and blanked Singapore 3-0. The men’s doubles pairing of Satwiksairaj Reddy and Chirag Shetty gave India the lead in the semifinal with a 21-11, 21-12 win, and two-time Olympic medallist PV Sindhu defeated 19th-ranked Jia Min Yeo to extend India’s lead to 2-0., in action will be weightlifters Vikas Thakur (Men’s 96 kg) and Usha Bannaur NK (women’s 87 kg). In boxing, Rohit Tokas will play his welterweight round of 16 matches. In men’s 200m backstrokes, India’s Srihari Nataraj has come up with a timing of 2:00.84 and is placed ninth in the qualifying. He has not qualified for the final and has been placed on the reserve list.CWG 2022 DAY 5 India RESULT.
- The quartet of Lovely Choubey, Rupa Rani Tirkey, Pinki, and Nayanmoni Saikia made history as they recovered after trailing in the title to win India’s fourth gold medal in CWG 2022. In Athletics, Murali Sreeshankar and Muhammed Anees Yahiya have qualified for the men’s long jump final.Weightlifter Punam Yadav failed in her three clean and jerked lifts to return empty-handed from the women’s 76kg category. India will aim to increase their gold medal tally as the Indian badminton team faces Malaysia in the Mixed Team final. Saurav Ghosal will face New Zealand’s Paul Coll in the men’s singles semi-final in squash. In hockey, India is trailing 0-2 against England in a women’s Pool A match.